AusBream Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Members Boat | Active Topics | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Classifieds
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome to AusBream Forums
 Talkin Bream (General)
 buying on ebay???
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

fiddo
20cm Bream

Australia
50 Posts

Member No: #1581

Posted - 19 Oct 2009 :  8:41:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit fiddo's Homepage Send fiddo a Private Message
hey guys just wondering if u have ever had any problems with buying fishing gear from the states through ebay??

Scales
Stonker

Australia
2683 Posts

Member No: #312

Posted - 20 Oct 2009 :  07:42:26 AM  Show Profile Send Scales a Private Message
In short no especially if you set up a paypal account as if something goes wrong you will be covered via their policy.

The only chance you have of something going wrong is you are relying on the other end to get everything correct. In saying that I had a parcel sent to me by my good mate Ranger (Brian)that he addressed correctly etc and it came to me via China, NZ then finally after about 3-4 weeks made it to me. Generally I have received parcels from Japan and the USA as short as 5-7 days. At times you can't even get something sent to you that quick from in country.

With the $$ so high and our tackle still having the old high prices on them there will be more sale going overseas.

However as we all know you get no face to face contact, warranty depending on the item you buy, fishing stories or even a hot cuppa like I do when I go to my local shops. The guys I buy from down here are the guys I fish with socially and in comps. Sometimes that type of relationship between store owner and buyer is hard to beat.

So in some regards you win and in others you loose.

Nick

Sponsored by:

Frogley's Offshore

www.frogleysoffshore.com.au

"Steve Duff" Kustom Fishing Tools
www.kustomfishingtools.com.au

ACs
www.activecasual.com

Edited by - Scales on 20 Oct 2009 07:44:23 AM
Go to Top of Page

Dodgy Back
30cm Bream

Australia
256 Posts

Member No: #721

Posted - 20 Oct 2009 :  08:27:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit Dodgy Back's Homepage Send Dodgy Back a Private Message
I would,t be buying expensive reels , just incase some thing goes wrong.
I recently bought some lures of an ebay shop and saved $9 each one. Pretty good hey.
Took 2 weeks to show up.
How ever there is always a bit of a risk when buying from the other side of the planet.

Just be wary
Go to Top of Page

snag
Stonker

Australia
2137 Posts

Member No: #23

Posted - 20 Oct 2009 :  08:40:14 AM  Show Profile Send snag a Private Message
Buy lures on ebay all the time , knock on wood havent had a problem yet.

Supported by Diztec Lures
http://diztek.webs.com/
Go to Top of Page

hooko
30cm Bream

Australia
106 Posts

Member No: #1693

Posted - 20 Oct 2009 :  6:24:26 PM  Show Profile Send hooko a Private Message
Have bought over 10 reels on ebay from both US and Hong Kong. The only issue I had was one that took 9 weeks to arrive but otherwise it was fine.

Hobie Factory Team Powerboat Ambassador

Gladiator Tackle Pro Team
Go to Top of Page

ledge n
Stonker

Australia
1024 Posts

Member No: #1542

Posted - 20 Oct 2009 :  6:48:21 PM  Show Profile Send ledge n a Private Message
I use ebay all the time,

no problem, I do my home work and if it is a bargain and seller feed back is good, then I bid.

end of the day if your happy with the deal then great work.

just remember to factor into the budget POSTAGE.

some lures I have seen are $54us + in postage.

dont get stung.

Supported by:

www.barzoptics.com.au

Go to Top of Page

fiddo
20cm Bream

Australia
50 Posts

Member No: #1581

Posted - 20 Oct 2009 :  6:52:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit fiddo's Homepage Send fiddo a Private Message
im thinking of buying a daiwa alphas for $296 us there selling for around $500 here, do u think warranty is a big issue i can still get it fixed at a price???
Go to Top of Page

ledge n
Stonker

Australia
1024 Posts

Member No: #1542

Posted - 21 Oct 2009 :  07:25:05 AM  Show Profile Send ledge n a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by fiddo

do u think warranty is a big issue i can still get it fixed at a price???

fiddo,
for 50cents or a click of the buttom contact Daiwa.
they will let you know either way if they will honor US waranty.

I have 4 T.D.As' from the states, 2 years no problem, if i need any parts I will order thru local tackle store,

Ledge n

Supported by:

www.barzoptics.com.au

Edited by - ledge n on 21 Oct 2009 07:25:53 AM
Go to Top of Page

gaz
Cockney

Australia
10 Posts

Member No: #2508

Posted - 12 Nov 2009 :  08:57:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit gaz's Homepage Send gaz a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by fiddo

hey guys just wondering if u have ever had any problems with buying fishing gear from the states through ebay??

Love Ebay - wouldn't have a quarter of my gear if it wasn't for ebay
Go to Top of Page

chr42is
30cm Bream

Australia
213 Posts

Member No: #1663

Posted - 12 Nov 2009 :  8:43:42 PM  Show Profile Send chr42is a Private Message
I buy top end stuff on E-bay from Japan ( only Diawa ) from several sites and have never had a problem. Get a pay-pal account . And all is sweet.

chr42is
Go to Top of Page

baitcast bream
Cockney

12 Posts

Member No: #2358

Posted - 15 Nov 2009 :  10:04:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit baitcast bream's Homepage Send baitcast bream a Private Message
yeah ive seen a 5 pack rapala CD 7 lures for $33 us and here they cost %25 each and ive also bought some junk from ebay too so as long as its got a good descritpion and feedback your fine

cheers aiden.
Go to Top of Page

baitcast bream
Cockney

12 Posts

Member No: #2358

Posted - 15 Nov 2009 :  10:06:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit baitcast bream's Homepage Send baitcast bream a Private Message
$25
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AusBream Forums © 2000-2014 AusBream.com.au Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000