AusBream Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Members Boat | Active Topics | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Classifieds
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome to AusBream Forums
 Talkin Bream (General)
 M S B Harbour crackdown.
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

starvin marvin
40cm Bream Bluenose

Australia
636 Posts

Member No: #1337

Posted - 30 Oct 2009 :  7:16:08 PM  Show Profile Send starvin marvin a Private Message
Gday all,
I was out on the harbour today and minding my own business when the M S B decided that they were going to pull me over.
Apon pulling me over the Female officer then informed me that I had not displayed my white navigation light between the hours of sunset and sunrise.
Considering that sunrise was only 5 mins away and i had my red/green light on, my pleas for a warning fell on deaf ears and i was slapped with a $250 fine for my trouble.
She did not take into consideration the fact that i had all my safety gear and have a spotless record when it comes to boating on the harbour.
What made it worse were the other boats who ventured past without their white lights or any nav lights on at all.
I later found out a few others also got fined.
Beware of this officer as she is mercyless and has a chip on her shoulder and a fines quota to fill if you cross her path.
She has one no fans here considering the amount of idiots getting around the harbour with no idea how to tie their shoe laces let alone drive a boat.
Just like that idiot who dropped his plate alloy half-cab on putney ramp yesterday morn....but thats another story....
Adam

"Surely you cant be serious"
"I am serious and dont call me shirly"

Billfish

Australia
3865 Posts

Member No: #5

Posted - 31 Oct 2009 :  3:16:02 PM  Show Profile Send Billfish a Private Message
Bugga, bad luck Adam. Makes for an expensive GF unless you get in the money. Good luck on that point.

Cheers

Bill.
Go to Top of Page

cmj
40cm Bream Bluenose

Australia
751 Posts

Member No: #431

Posted - 01 Nov 2009 :  6:05:36 PM  Show Profile  Click to see cmj's MSN Messenger address Send cmj a Private Message
And he just got back from his honeymoon.

If it looks fishy, well then it should hold fish.
Go to Top of Page

blacktruck
30cm Bream

Australia
158 Posts

Member No: #701

Posted - 01 Nov 2009 :  9:11:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit blacktruck's Homepage Send blacktruck a Private Message
Come on Adam everyones known for months they are cracking down in the harbour.Obey the rules and no problem.

Wes walker of the darkside
Go to Top of Page

starvin marvin
40cm Bream Bluenose

Australia
636 Posts

Member No: #1337

Posted - 08 Nov 2009 :  11:24:38 PM  Show Profile Send starvin marvin a Private Message
Well Wesbian,we didnt get any info in the mail telling us of any changes in the waterway rules and it was only 5 mins before sunrise,so i feel hard done by.

"Surely you cant be serious"
"I am serious and dont call me shirly"
Go to Top of Page

blacktruck
30cm Bream

Australia
158 Posts

Posted - 09 Nov 2009 :  9:53:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit blacktruck's Homepage Send blacktruck a Private Message
The allround light changed a few years ago.The latest change is allround light must be 1 mtr above nav lights.Adam its up to you to keep up to date not the MSB to spoon feed.

Go to Top of Page

Waiwurri
30cm Bream

Australia
306 Posts

Member No: #516

Posted - 09 Nov 2009 :  11:47:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit Waiwurri's Homepage Send Waiwurri a Private Message
Interestingly I just installed new nav lights which I bought from BFC and I can tell you that the all round white light is no where near 1000mm above the port starboard lights, wonder how they get away selling lights that don't comply with the law.

I wont be buying another new light so I guess I will just have to run the risk. . . . .

Cheers Scott
Nitro 640 LX
PopperN
Go to Top of Page

Pukka

1352 Posts

Member No: #29

Posted - 10 Nov 2009 :  08:06:41 AM  Show Profile Send Pukka a Private Message
Has anyone tried to find a web page listing the fines for each offence? I can't seem to find one anywhere. Does one exist or is it me?

I was under the assumption fines are there to act as a deterrant, how the hell can they be a deterrant if they're unpublicised or hidden somewhere!

OK, wee rant over, I feel better now..

Joe

P.S. I'll give it an hour before Wes reads this and posts the link to the fines page...
Go to Top of Page

blacktruck
30cm Bream

Australia
158 Posts

Posted - 11 Nov 2009 :  8:59:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit blacktruck's Homepage Send blacktruck a Private Message
Sorry Joe but no joy I looked and I also rang all they could tell me is that all the fines have gone up.Most of them use to be 80 bucks.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AusBream Forums © 2000-2014 AusBream.com.au Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000