AusBream Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Members Boat | Active Topics | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Classifieds
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome to AusBream Forums
 Talkin Bream (General)
 Option for Prizes
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Banjo
30cm Bream

Australia
115 Posts

Member No: #1521

Posted - 11 Nov 2009 :  8:39:10 PM  Show Profile Send Banjo a Private Message
Hi all,

I donít want to upset people, especially sponsors, but I want to ask the following,
Why do most comps give prizes that always end up on eBay and in classifieds etc?

For example, the non-boater prize of a JW electric, after almost every ABT comp went for sale on fishing monthly site as unwanted. Then we have the Engel fridge same result, now I see a skeeter prize as unwanted.

Another EG Sydney highland comp. the top 4 or 5 got cash except 2nd. They got two rods. The winner works in a tackle store and said on the day they are no good to him. The next day Ďfor saleí

Are we all wanting cash? I recon so, Or even vouchers may be a better option. This will give the punter an option.
An example 1st prise non-boater at Xx event could pick, A) $750 JW electric, B) $700 JW voucher or C) $600 cash. Thus putting the better option of the sponsor product, but, still allowing cash as a viable option.

Yes, I now sponsors want their product out there, fair enough, but may be an option of cash or vouchers could be better for all and sundry.

I have a small tinny with an electric motor etc. I donít want to win another one. Cash for me, what do you all recon?

Tim

one day I want to see a comp on Lake Cathie.

Edited by - Banjo on 11 Nov 2009 8:42:49 PM

ledge n
Stonker

Australia
1024 Posts

Member No: #1542

Posted - 14 Nov 2009 :  09:25:44 AM  Show Profile Send ledge n a Private Message
I see where your coming from Banjo,
but with out sponsors we have no comps.
apparently it is only the ABT boaters that get just cash, non boaters only get prizes, but in most cases pay the same money to enter.
other events pays a mixture of cash and prizes, that may be the way to go if you want cash prize

so all 'n' all a fair result I supose.

Ledge n

Supported by:

www.barzoptics.com.au

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AusBream Forums © 2000-2014 AusBream.com.au Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000