AusBream Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Members Boat | Active Topics | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Classifieds
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome to AusBream Forums
 Talkin Bream (General)
 New To Bream Fishing
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Headbanger
Cockney

Australia
3 Posts

Member No: #2522

Posted - 28 Nov 2009 :  12:18:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit Headbanger's Homepage  Click to see Headbanger's MSN Messenger address Send Headbanger a Private Message
Hi all, this is my first post here, so be nice

After catching a few nice bream the other day, I decided to make them my main target species. I'm pretty much a complete beginner, I have no 'real' background knowledge of fishing bream, and I'm completely landbased.

I live on the Gold Coast and mainly fish in the Coombabah Creek area, if that matters.

I'm mainly asking for the basics of yellowfin bream fishing. Like, what baits, lures, hints, pretty much anything that might help.

Any help at all will be completely and utterly appreciated

What was just said^^ was awesome.

fishin
20cm Bream

Australia
97 Posts

Member No: #1957

Posted - 30 Nov 2009 :  3:05:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit fishin's Homepage Send fishin a Private Message
Headbanger,
get yourself some soft plastic lures, 2" Gulp Shrimp would be a start, some 1/16oz Jigheads(depending on how deep the water you are fishing) cast out let it hit the bottom and vary the retrieve until you you find one that works. Some hardbody's that I have had success with landbased would be the Jackall Chubby's or the Damiki Saemi, just cast them out with a slow roll add a few pauses be patient and have fun. You can also have a search through the forums for retrieve techniques and information that would help you get started.
Cheers,
fishin

www.fishin.com.au -Online Fishin Bream Lure Store
www.twitter.com/fishincomau - Join our Twitter community

Edited by - fishin on 30 Nov 2009 3:06:18 PM
Go to Top of Page

catchnrelease
40cm Bream Bluenose

Australia
872 Posts

Member No: #1298

Posted - 30 Nov 2009 :  5:04:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit catchnrelease's Homepage Send catchnrelease a Private Message
And you can get it all from fishin.com.au at the best prices you'll find in the country.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AusBream Forums © 2000-2014 AusBream.com.au Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000