AusBream Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Members Boat | Active Topics | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Classifieds
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Bream Rigs
 Electronics and Stuff
 Batteries for electric
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Scales
Stonker

Australia
2721 Posts

Member No: #312

Posted - 02 Feb 2012 :  10:38:02 AM  Show Profile Send Scales a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi guys just upgrading to a 24V 80lb Minn Kota Ipilot.

Question is what is everybody using of late?

I'm not interested in the Lithionic batteries.

Cheers

Nick

Sponsored by:

Frogley's Offshore

www.frogleysoffshore.com.au

"Steve Duff" Kustom Fishing Tools
www.kustomfishingtools.com.au

ACs
www.activecasual.com

leelee
Stonker

Australia
1546 Posts

Member No: #409

Posted - 02 Feb 2012 :  1:52:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit leelee's Homepage Send leelee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nick I just use sealed lead acid units.

Have been using them since I first got an electric and have never had issues since.

I think I am running 120ah or 140ah Amptechs on my 24v tour

Cheers

Lee

Two fish swim into a concrete wall.
The one turns to the other and
says, "Dam!"

N.B Boat picture removed so as not to upset any more people :-)
Go to Top of Page

Stevo
30cm Bream

Australia
277 Posts

Member No: #37

Posted - 02 Feb 2012 :  1:58:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit Stevo's Homepage Send Stevo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
ye same here just wet cells, you will get a good 3-4yrs out of them then replace them for the cost of them compared to gels who cares.
Go to Top of Page

Scales
Stonker

Australia
2721 Posts

Posted - 02 Feb 2012 :  9:16:23 PM  Show Profile Send Scales a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks guys I ended up going with a pair of 105amp/hr FullRiver AGMs no maintenance sealed. Meant to be the ducks guts according to the guy I bought them off and the bit of research I did.

Not cheap though but near bullet proof, $320 each.

Cheers

Nick

Sponsored by:

Frogley's Offshore

ACs
www.activecasual.com

Go to Top of Page

beats
Stonker

Australia
1028 Posts

Member No: #509

Posted - 02 Feb 2012 :  10:15:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit beats's Homepage Send beats a Private Message  Reply with Quote
get a good charger mate 10 amp per channel at least, smart charger keep em full they will last u for years !
Go to Top of Page

Scales
Stonker

Australia
2721 Posts

Posted - 02 Feb 2012 :  11:06:06 PM  Show Profile Send Scales a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Already have one mate, I did have batteries before this ;)

Nick

Sponsored by:

Frogley's Offshore

ACs
www.activecasual.com

Go to Top of Page

Waiwurri
30cm Bream

Australia
344 Posts

Member No: #516

Posted - 15 Aug 2014 :  2:57:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit Waiwurri's Homepage Send Waiwurri a Private Message  Reply with Quote
sorry to bring it up again but I too need to update the batteries for my 24 volt set up, went to a couple of local battery outlets and got some advice but keen to here what you guys are running and how you rate your setup.

thanks in avance

Cheers Scott
Nitro 640 LX
PopperN
Go to Top of Page

grex
20cm Bream

Australia
69 Posts

Member No: #3639

Posted - 16 Aug 2014 :  07:17:32 AM  Show Profile Send grex a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Have a scroll through this site , even if you choose to go else where their is a lot of good tech info .

http://www.firststartbatteries.com.au/

They used to be located at Kirrawee , not sure if they are still there so , if interested , give them a call.

Geoff
Go to Top of Page

grex
20cm Bream

Australia
69 Posts

Member No: #3639

Posted - 16 Aug 2014 :  08:53:33 AM  Show Profile Send grex a Private Message  Reply with Quote

There is no mention what sort of boat you have so this may or may not be of interest. The set up (24V) is good , both for balance & there is a seat fixed to the lid so , in essence the batteries do not consume too much space.

Image Insert:

168.76 KB

Geoff
Go to Top of Page

Waiwurri
30cm Bream

Australia
344 Posts

Member No: #516

Posted - 28 Aug 2014 :  7:07:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit Waiwurri's Homepage Send Waiwurri a Private Message  Reply with Quote
thanks for the link and advice went with 2 120ah AGM FullRiver batteries, hope as Doc Nic says "they are bullet proof"

Cheers Scott
Nitro 640 LX
PopperN
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AusBream Forums © 2000-2014 AusBream.com.au Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000