AusBream Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Members Boat | Active Topics | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Classifieds
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome to AusBream Forums
 AusBream Site Suggestions and Help.
 Important Changes When Uploading Pictures!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Admin
Site Administrator

Australia
1235 Posts

Member No: #2760

Posted - 20 Aug 2012 :  12:36:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi all,

With the ongoing commitment to improving the site and recent feeback received, I would like to advise you all that uploading photos has just become a whole easier.

Previously an image needed to be resized to less than 90K, this was then increased to 350K, with still some members unsure or unable to do so. Given that most images today can be upward of 1 Meg with the improvements and use of digital cameras; All members will be able to upload bigger size images, effective immediately. And up to 5.3 Meg per image.

These images will be then be automatically resized in the back end which will make life much easier.

Also the image formats can be either:

.jpeg
.jpg
.gif
.png

Also please note that when naming your images please follow the standard naming conventions and Do Not use the symbols / \ : *? < > which are also not allowed on a Microsoft OS.

Also you will need to consider uploading speeds may be varied depending on your ISP, your internet plan, the size of the uploads, etc. Therefore the larger the size of the files the longer it will take.

www.ausbream.com.au
www.ausbass.com.au
www.sportsfish.com.au

snag
Stonker

Australia
2175 Posts

Member No: #23

Posted - 20 Aug 2012 :  3:52:56 PM  Show Profile Send snag a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Great idea, beats having to min all photo's before to an unusual size that not even i could see.

Supported by Diztec Lures
http://diztek.webs.com/
Go to Top of Page

dishley
30cm Bream

Australia
192 Posts

Member No: #2222

Posted - 20 Aug 2012 :  4:07:56 PM  Show Profile Send dishley a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Awesome work! This will make things much more accessible for new members

http://basssydney.com/
https://www.facebook.com/BassSydneyFishing
Go to Top of Page

ShaneO_27
40cm Bream Bluenose

Australia
507 Posts

Member No: #2515

Posted - 20 Aug 2012 :  11:00:57 PM  Show Profile Send ShaneO_27 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A much needed improvement, well done and i know i will be posting more reports from now on

My rod is my arm.
Go to Top of Page

juicebox
20cm Bream

Australia
76 Posts

Member No: #3887

Posted - 20 Aug 2012 :  11:28:57 PM  Show Profile Send juicebox a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Very good issue to address! Now I just need some fish to post a few fishing reports ;)

Cheers,
Andrew
Go to Top of Page

Green Hornet
30cm Bream

Australia
170 Posts

Member No: #3081

Posted - 21 Aug 2012 :  06:50:38 AM  Show Profile Send Green Hornet a Private Message  Reply with Quote
With the high megapixel count on modern DSLR cameras, this is great news.
Thanks fellas.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AusBream Forums © 2000-2014 AusBream.com.au Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000