Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ    
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The photography Lab
 Camera Equipment, Hints and Tips!
 Under water obsevation-camera advice
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

CFK
Ausbass Member

Australia
40 Posts

Posted - 29/12/2012 :  12:11:36  Show Profile  Visit CFK's Homepage Send CFK a Private Message  Reply with Quote
From the entries I have read in this forum section, there is some excellent expertise and interest out there.

I would appreciate any advice on cameras/devices that allow under water exploration and possible photography from the boat.
I live on Port Stephens and we have very healthy turtle (and other marine life)populations that we would like to observe.

Suggestions most welcome.

penguin
Ausbass Member

271 Posts

Posted - 30/12/2012 :  18:55:18  Show Profile Send penguin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The go pro is a multi purpose camera, takes he video and still shots, get the underwater housing and you are ready to go. You can get a variety of mounts for different applications, I have a surfboard mount which could be used on a kayak and a head mount. Easy to use too, check them out on their web site. I had a Panasonic lumix but it let water in when I used it under water and destroyed it, very common problem when you look at the net. Hope this helps
Cheers
Penguin
Go to Top of Page

beats
Ausbass Member

657 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2013 :  19:19:06  Show Profile Send beats a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I know the new Lowrance HDS touch sounders have a port to plug a camera in & view on screen.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AusBass Forums © 2000-2014 AusBass.com.au Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000