Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ    
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The photography Lab
 Camera Equipment, Hints and Tips!
 Bass Teaser
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Chanlo
Ausbass Member

Australia
12 Posts

Posted - 26/03/2013 :  12:10:01  Show Profile Send Chanlo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The below link is a little teaser of the video i'm working on.

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/yukO5nZ2WdQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Direct link here: http://youtu.be/yukO5nZ2WdQ

Essentially the story is about 4 fisherman of varying experience spending a season chasing Australian Bass. The teaser only features one person so far.

I'm still undecided if i'll make it a web series only or turn it into a dvd (but most probably blue-ray if I can).

Please offer any opinions not only on the teaser but editing/color correction.

thanks

molecule55
Ausbass Member

118 Posts

Posted - 26/03/2013 :  13:00:01  Show Profile Send molecule55 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Interesting. Some very nice footage and editing too. Nice territory.

At the start, he outlines his philosophy and I thought "At last - something different: a video by people who really respect the fish and their habitat. This will be good." After that I think it fell away.

You'll lose a few friends with the way the fish are handled [lip grips, chucking back the small one and so on] Catching the turtle too was hardly necessary, I thought.

And before anyone jumps down my throat, remember: opinions were sought by Chanlo.

Mike

Edited by - molecule55 on 26/03/2013 13:01:52
Go to Top of Page

RonR
Ausbass Member

891 Posts

Posted - 26/03/2013 :  13:23:20  Show Profile Send RonR a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Beautifully shot in great creek locations!

I hope you accept these comments and Mike's as constructive. There's a wide range of attitudes to handling fish on this forum, not all will agree with me, but I suggest:
a) bass are not toothy like mangrove jacks or barracuda and lip grippers are overkill & can do damage
b) better to handle fish with wet hands and not lay them on dry or hot surfaces
c) Hanging the 51 cm fish by its bottom jaw wouldn't do it any good
d) Better to slip the little fish back in the water, swim it a bit to make sure it's OK than to toss it back
e) Catching the tortoise - why?

Ron
Go to Top of Page

Chanlo
Ausbass Member

12 Posts

Posted - 26/03/2013 :  20:37:07  Show Profile Send Chanlo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for watching and your input guys.

Maybe the reference to turtleman (the show) was lost in the shuffle even with the turtleman noise in the back ground. It was just a spot of fun on a trip we had last year and was not a 'real' part but some bonus footage during the credits to show a lighter funnier nature. No turtles were harmed and we all respect every animals right to live.

In regard to the fish being thrown back you may not have seen but there was a small ledge there hence the throw. When we start filming for real I'll take note of the releases and usually we lip grip bass with our hands as per the 42cm bass. I remember we had trouble with the net on the 51cm bass and the lure being tangled so I intially lip gripped to help control the bass from sticking more trebles in itself and the net.

We also crush our barbs on all trebles used.

Please keep the comments coming :)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AusBass Forums © 2000-2014 AusBass.com.au Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000