Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ    
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Information
 Advice Please!
 Trebles or single
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

redbass
Ausbass Member

148 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2016 :  09:06:33  Show Profile Send redbass a Private Message  Reply with Quote
G'day fellow fishers,I was changing my rusty hooks on some hard body luresand was just wondering, what is the hookup rate when it comes to single hooks in hard body lures,any advice would be greatly appreciated,cheers.redbass

penguin
Ausbass Member

272 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2016 :  15:10:56  Show Profile Send penguin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't like trebles for the fish or me and change a lot of mine to singles on the rear and doubles in the middle, I think I do miss some fish but I'm not that bothered, all about the hunt and the hit, especially on the surface.
Less chance of getting hooked up when the fish is in the yak thrashing around which is a bonus and the single is easy on the fish.
I do find i catch a lot of fish on the middle hooks on the surface lures and at once stage had removed most of my middle hooks and certainly missed a lot of fish, so went to doubles on the middle and don't miss too many now.
cheers
Penguin
Go to Top of Page

redbass
Ausbass Member

148 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2016 :  16:43:15  Show Profile Send redbass a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Cheers mate will give it a go
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AusBass Forums © 2000-2014 AusBass.com.au Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000